For 10 years, Lake of Bays Brewing Company has been a mainstay of the Ontario craft beer scene. The brewery started as an idea by our president and founder, Darren Smith, in his university apartment. Our company has grown exponentially since then to include restaurants, microbreweries, retail spaces, and more. Our hiring needs have expanded along with the ever-growing business.
At Lake of Bays Brewing Company, our philosophy is simple; make great beer, run a down-to-earth business, and have some fun while we’re at it! We welcome all communities and invite them to join us for a pint paired with good food, whether at our brewery, restaurant brewpubs, or at home. Our goal is to bring our community together through beer, great food and a love of the outdoors!
We are currently recruiting a dedicated team player that is passionate about selling and educating customers on our brands throughout Ottawa and Eastern Ontario. This individual will be able to work autonomously, must be self-motivated and goal oriented, in order to exceed pre-determined sales objectives. You will be empowered to strategically manage multiple retail outlets (LCBO, TBS, Grocery, etc.) and licensee accounts, as well as develop and maintain both professional and personal relationships. These relationships will help deliver increased sales and distribution of our portfolio. The role requires excellent organizational and planning skills to maximize effort allocation across the territory. The right candidate will be comfortable with a flexible work schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
- Develop annual strategic account plans, progress reports and track industry/competitive information
- Maintain an appropriate and balanced call pattern and schedule for a predefined group of accounts determined by the ranking of volume and opportunity
- Effectively plan daily, weekly or monthly/quarterly based goals and distribution objectives
- Prioritize territory growth opportunities based on scale and accessibility
- Strive to increase distribution on all brands across all retail sales channels and on-premise channels
- Be recognized as a core partner and trusted resource by developing and maintaining professional relationships with key decision makers and their partners
- Leverage relationships to grow portfolio sales, distribution and visibility opportunities
- Network with all key customer stakeholders to identify incremental business opportunities and to gain in-depth knowledge of the business operations
- Manage and control a promotional budget at both account and territory level, and supportive reporting
- Manage monthly inventory of POS material and report back to head office
- Collaborate with Marketing and our Customer Call Centre to ensure cooperative and positive business development and growth
- Identify, create and manage, value-added initiatives and programs across accounts, including but not limited to tastings, incentives, customer education programs, and events
- Follow-up on all service related issues and opportunities in a thorough and timely manner
- Update team on issues related to competitive activity and initiatives taken to overcome the challenges
- Complete other special projects as required, including but not limited to trade events, trade shows, consumer tastings, seminars, and staff trainings
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A University Degree or Comparable (primary focus on Business, Sales and/or Marketing)
- A track record of success in a structured selling role with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience
- Able to provide a track record of meeting or exceeding target in a sales territory over a full fiscal year
- Strong craft beer and/or wine product knowledge and understanding of the LCBO alcohol industry is a major asset
- Account/Territory Management experience – route planning, scheduling, etc.
- Possesses outstanding time management and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills – commitment to building effective internal and external relationships
- Proven problem solving and negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt and deal effectively with both customers and peers
- Results oriented, self-motivated, driven and disciplined "can do” attitude
- Dynamic business acumen – solid networking capabilities
- Adaptable; able to meet deadlines in fast paced and changing situations
- Ability to grasp strategies and create tools and tactics for in field execution
- Ability to definitively execute sales plans as intended
- Proof of valid Driver’s License will be required
- Prud’homme, Cicerone or WSET Certification an asset
- Genuine interest and passion for the beverage alcohol industry
- Related experience with on-premise accounts and knowledge of draught beer systems preferred
- Must reside within, or in close proximity to the general area of the sales territory
- Fully able to lift a minimum of 20 kgs multiple times per day
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
- Salary is based on experience and commissions based on monthly sales
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume and cover letter. We appreciate your interest in the position and welcome your application, however only those retained for an interview will be contacted.
Lake of Bays is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion throughout our company. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to any legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email, and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.