For 10 years, Lake of Bays Brewing Company has been a mainstay of the Ontario craft beer scene. The brewery started as an idea by our president and founder in his university apartment. Our company has grown exponentially since then to include restaurants, microbreweries, retail spaces, and more. Our hiring needs have expanded along with the ever-growing business.
At Lake of Bays Brewing Company, our philosophy is simple; make great beer, run a down-to-earth business, and have some fun while we’re at it! We welcome all communities and invite them to join us for a pint paired with good food, whether at our brewery, restaurant brewpubs, or at home. Our goal is to bring our community together through beer, great food, and a love of the outdoors!
Our casual, laid-back barrelhouse seeks a friendly, enthusiastic Host to work variable shifts including weekends. The ideal candidate likes to go above and beyond with customers and treat them like they are part of the family. They should be willing to help out the waitstaff where need be; bussing tables, running food and beverages, etc. to keep up with busy shifts. Some back-of-house duties may be required, such as inspecting/cleaning restrooms. If you love the restaurant business and genuinely enjoy people, we would like to hear from you.
- Greet customers as soon as they walk through the door
- Provide customers with accurate wait time estimates during busy periods
- Maintain a neat, organized environment
- Assist with opening/closing tasks and side duties as needed
- Learn food and beverage menu
- Answer phones and take pick-up orders
- Schedule reservations
- Restaurant experience recommended but not required
- Flexible schedule, particularly weekend/evening shifts
- Ability to work 6 hours on your feet at a time
- Time management experience
- Friendly and genuine
- Team player who looks for ways to help out other employees
- Willingness to work holidays
Lake of Bays is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion throughout our company. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to any legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email, and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.
$14.00 - $16.00